Sleep and alsa problems

I used to use my G3/800 12 inch laptop with no problems, but for some
time it has problems with sleep and alsa.

Sleep problem is that after a reboot for the first time I can put a
laptop to sleep with no problem just by closing the lid. But I can do it
only once - next time it will not go for a sleep, no matter if I restart
pbbuttonsd or not. So all I can do is just halt a computer, which is
quite inconvenient because of long start-up time. I thought it may be
pbbuttonsd problem, but the same happened with pmud, so I think it is
somewhere else. BTW - I use sid with Gnome2.6 from experimental.

Another problem is alsa - it is very quiet - I was trying to restart
alsa, but with no luck - it is still too quiet.

--
Best regards,
Łukasz Studziński <lstudzin@bacon.umcs.lublin.pl>