Re: iBook G4 swsusp status
- To: Michel Dänzer <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: Arne Caspari <email@example.com>, debian ppc list <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: iBook G4 swsusp status
- From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 04 May 2004 08:41:08 +1000
- Message-id: <1083624067.20474.281.camel@gaston>
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <20040503080201.GA7229@localhost> <1083572905.20092.269.camel@gaston> <email@example.com> <1083575346.29595.273.camel@gaston> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, 2004-05-03 at 20:08, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-05-03 at 11:09, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> > > Does the UniNorth agpgart code have suspend hooks?
> > No, it doesn't. radeonfb will switch AGP off on suspend though only
> > if AGP is built-in and I'm not completely certain this will happen with
> > suspend-to-disk.
> AFAIK, the DRI resume code requires that agpgart does basic
> reinitialisation on resume.
I don't like that. More specifically, I don't like re-enabling AGP
before X has a chance to "fixup" things like MC_AGP_LOCATION etc...