Re: pbbuttonsd script interface - future?

On Fri, Apr 23, 2004 at 12:09:14PM +0200, Matthias Grimm wrote:
> Because the script system from apmd is narrowly adapted to APM and take no
> other power management systems into account. It is very hardware related
> because it interpretes the APM messages more or less directly and the daemon
> gives the scripts no more information than the APM message identifier itself.
But you're completely ignoring the fact there are already scripts
installed in /etc/apm by other packages (e.g. alsa,ifplugd) that we want
to be executed (and that are maintained out of apm, pbubbtonsd or
whatever).

A possible solution would be: implement a new power management
infrastructure as you suggest for pmud/pbbuttonsd but _also_ add support
to execute scripts in /etc/apm like apmd_proxy does. Otherwise we'll
never get sane suspend/resume management on all platforms. I can help
with the apmd part if you want since I have that already, just let me
know and I'll send a patch against your latest package.
Cheers,
 -- Guido