Re: 2nd and 3rd mouse key with modifiers, vol+bright with fn

On Tue, Apr 06, 2004 at 12:38:45AM +0200, Michel D?nzer wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-04-05 at 20:21, Guido Guenther wrote:
> > Another thing I noticed while playing with mouseemu: it seems left and
> > right shift generate the same keycode, same for left and right
> > "apple"-keys. Without having looked at the kernel code yet: is this a
> > hardware limitation or something in the adb driver?
>
> Hardware AFAIK. You get the right variants with fn.

If you want to see the code, take a look at drivers/macintosh/adbhid.c,
which is pretty much the same in 2.4 and 2.6. Search for calls to
adb_try_handler. This function is used to reconfigure an ADB device,
and for keyboards it is required to enable sending special keycodes
such as right modifiers.

	Brad Boyer
	flar@allandria.com