Re: Is Audacity working for anyone?

On Sun, Feb 15, 2004 at 07:45:57PM -0500, digger vermont wrote:
[...]
} I tried 1.0.1 from testing and it does playback okay.  The features are
} on the sparse side though.  This is probably going over old ground but I
} did trace it to an endian problem.
}
} I decided to compile different versions to see where it fails.  Right
} off the bat the source for 1.0.0 from the audacity site played back with
} the same "noise".  The only difference was a test to set big or little
} endian. adding that solve the problem.
}
} Unfortunately, the next higher version seemed to be completely rewritten
} and the same simple fix doesn't work.
}
} At this point I'm hoping that if I can compile audacity with alsa and
} jack support it may work.

Please make sure to submit a bug on the Debian package. It will get
fixed, and that fix should find its way to the upstream distribution.

} digger
--Greg