Is Audacity working for anyone?

Hello All,
	Does anyone have audacity working? In particular for me the playback is
horribly distorted.  I imagine its the endian issue, but I thought that
problem had been ironed out and it worked for me in the past.  The
playback is the same with both 2.4 and 2.6 both using alsa.  Along with
using the debian unstable pkg I also compiled audacity.  Once again
distortion.

I'd appreciate hearing if it works or doesn't work for anyone.  And/or
what I might do to get it working. I've asked on the audacity-users list
and have gotten no response.

Thanks,

digger