Re: Is Audacity working for anyone?

On Sat, Feb 14, 2004 at 09:45:10AM +0100, Joe Malik wrote:
} On Sat, Feb 14, 2004 at 12:35:25AM -0500, digger vermont wrote:
} > Hello All,
} > 	Does anyone have audacity working? In particular for me the playback is
} > horribly distorted.
}
} Works nice here:
} iBook rev. 2.2,
} Linux 2.6.1-rc1-ben1,
} Debian sarge
} ALSA 1.0.1-1 (from sid)
} audacity 1.0.1-1
}
} audacity from unstable seems to introduce a bug manifesting here as
} playback is distorted, where the version from testing plays nicely.
} You migt wanna give testing a try.
[...]

I've experienced the same thing with my PPC 604. The sarge version works
fine, the side version is not so much distorted as pure static. I will
note that on x86 there is no problem with either version.

--Greg