Re: dist upgrade experiences and problems

On Mon, Jan 26, 2004 at 11:40:14PM +0100, Martin Kuball wrote:
> The funny thing is, that all the kde packages apt-get wants to remove
> are from sarge already.

KDE is in an inconsistent state in sarge and hasn't yet been fixed. This
is being actively worked on. I haven't investigated, but it really
doesn't surprise me that some KDE packages get removed on upgrade at the
moment; on the other hand right now it doesn't particularly concern me
either.

> Well, I tried apt-get with -u flag. I got a long list of the intended
> actions. Among them are lines reading e.g.
>
> 	Inst sysv-rc (2.85-9 Debian:testing) [libqt3 libqt3-mt ]
>
> The first part is obvious. But what does the part in the last brackets mean?
> It can't be dependencies, can it?

Why sysv-rc prompts this I don't know, but those packages have been
replaced by libqt3c102 and libqt3c102-mt respectively in testing.

Cheers,