Re: XFS enabled Debian 3.0r2 powerpc installer

Hi Ethan,

I have just tried your image. It works flawlesly :) One of the fastest
installatinos I have ever done for Debian. Cool! :)

OTOH, I rsynced BenŽs 2.6.2-rc1-ben1 and recompiled, but I get a VFS
Kernel panic, unable to mount root

I have only compiled XFS support in the kernel, since I only have a swap
partition of 1G and a / of ther est of the disk, and / is XFS.

Do I need to recompile with any other fs support? I will be trying out
some more compilation iterations, but just to know what is the minimum
required to boot (I love my system when it is down to the minimum :)

Thanks so much for all the effort! I will love to see XFS support in d-i
for sarge.

--
J. Javier Maestro
<jjmaestro@computer.org>