Re: dist upgrade experiences and problems

Am Montag, 26. Januar 2004 15:03 schrieb Jens Schmalzing:
> Hi,
>
> Martin Kuball writes:
> > I'v just upgraded my woody to testing.
> >
> > apt-get dist-upgrade [...] wants to remove almost all of the kde
> > packages.
> >
> > So what's going on here?
>
> You have, probably out of a momentary fancy, squandered a highly
> stable and reliable operating system and switched to its inherently
> broken cousin.  Deal with it.

I'm trying and it was not a momentary fancy that drove me. But I really want
to understand what's going on here. So is it a bug or is it a feature?

The funny thing is, that all the kde packages apt-get wants to remove are
from sarge already. So is apt-get trying to upgrade to unstable? But then he
should do a lot more than just remove kde. And I did not give him a URL to
the unstable distribution.

Well, I tried apt-get with -u flag. I got a long list of the intended
actions. Among them are lines reading e.g.

	Inst sysv-rc (2.85-9 Debian:testing) [libqt3 libqt3-mt ]

The first part is obvious. But what does the part in the last brackets mean?
It can't be dependencies, can it?

Martin