Re: IBM Java SDK 1.4.1

Frank Gevaerts wrote:
On Sun, Jan 25, 2004 at 12:12:20AM +0100, Victor Fuente wrote:

Thank you, could you please tell me where is the JIT Documentation??

I posted all I know. I found it in the mailing list archives some time
ago.

While we are on the subject of JITs for java runtimes for PowerPC processors, I'd like to point out that JanosVM 0.8.0[1], a fork of kaffe virtual machine [2], contains an alpha version of a JIT for PowerPC[3].

In the hands of a willing PowerPC assembler speaking hacker, it could be merged back into the main kaffe sources, and turned into a nice perfomance booster for kaffe (which also happens to work fine on power64 based platforms in the CVS).

Any takers?

cheers,
dalibor topic

[1] http://freshmeat.net/redir/janosvm/14957/url_tgz/janosvm-0.8.0.tar.gz