Re: Problem raid IBM RS6000 B50

Hi Thorsten and Sven.

Just to complete the draw, right now my situation is this one.
On my machine with the kernel 2.4.24 compiled with the config that i
given to you.
I've got on disk0 a primary partition sda2 formatted ext3 with the
entire os later i,ve created other primary partitions sda4 and sdb4
and after a raid1 partition with these 2 (md0) formatted the raid
partition ext3 and copied all the files from sda2.

Now,if i put as root in my boot files (fstab yaboot.conf) sda2,
everything is ok the machine boot and i have access to md0 also
,instead if i select as root md0, i obtain the error that i shown you
in the first post.

Obviously ,if i try to boot from openfirmware with a diskette or from
the disk i have the same result.

Thanks again for your help, hoping to reach the solutions cause i
can't complete the installation and put the machine online without the
raid.

nikp@libero.it

Bye

Nicola Paltani