Problem raid IBM RS6000 B50

I've installed debian 3.0 ppc on my IBM b50 machine , and everything
is working fine.
My last step is to implement a software raid drive on root partition.
i'm running a 2.4.24 kernel compiled whith lvm and raid support.
I've configured /etc/raidtab create the raid with mkraid,formatted and
mounted /dev/md0 copied all the os files in there ,configured yaboot
and fstab to start with root=/dev/md0 and make mkofboot -v .
But when i try to reboot the machine hung up , and even if i try to
boot from openfirmware with my zimage on a diskette generated always
whit kernel 2.4.24 with raid support (>0 boot floppy:,zimage
root=/dev/md0 console=ttyS0) i got this message in console:
obviously if i boot from another partition not in raid, everything is
working fine.

Attached scsi CD-ROM sr0 at scsi0, channel 0, id 3, lun 0
sym0:3: FAST-10 SCSI 10.0 MB/s ST (100.0 ns, offset 15)
sr0: scsi-1 drive
Uniform CD-ROM driver Revision: 3.12
Macintosh non-volatile memory driver v1.0
md: linear personality registered as nr 1
md: raid0 personality registered as nr 2
md: raid1 personality registered as nr 3
md: raid5 personality registered as nr 4
raid5: measuring checksumming speed
   8regs     :   436.800 MB/sec
   32regs    :   378.800 MB/sec
raid5: using function: 8regs (436.800 MB/sec)
md: multipath personality registered as nr 7
md: md driver 0.90.0 MAX_MD_DEVS=256, MD_SB_DISKS=27
md: Autodetecting RAID arrays.
md: autorun ...
md: ... autorun DONE.
LVM version 1.0.7(28/03/2003)
NET4: Linux TCP/IP 1.0 for NET4.0
IP Protocols: ICMP, UDP, TCP, IGMP
IP: routing cache hash table of 2048 buckets, 16Kbytes
NET4: Unix domain sockets 1.0/SMP for Linux NET4.0.
EXT3-fs: unable to read superblock
EXT2-fs: unable to read superblock
FAT: unable to read boot sector
UMSDOS: msdos_read_super failed, mount aborted.
FAT: unable to read boot sector
FAT: unable to read boot sector
isofs_read_super: bread failed, dev=09:00, iso_blknum=16, block=32
Mount JFS Failure: -5

does any one know what to do ?, cause i can not figure it out, i've
made several attempt changing the parameter of yaboot.conf recompiling
kernel...

thanks.
nikp@libero.it