Re: powerbook and debian

On 2004-01-22 15:22:00 -0300, Federico Gamio wrote:
> Well right now my status with Linux/Debian/PowerBook is:

> Kernel: 2.6.1-ben1
> USB: Working
> USB cable to conect Motorola V60i CDMA phone to access Internet by
> phone: Working
> PCMCIA: Working (I have an 3com wifi card)
> Fan Control: Working
> Keyboard Backlight: Working
> Automatic managment of Keyboard Backlight and LCD Bright with light
> conditions: Working

What do you mean here?

> DVD: Working
> CD-R: Working
> DVD-R: Works (but not tested)
> Bluetooth: Working
> CPU frequency change: working

and here?

> Sound: Working
[...]
> There are only a few things that I am missing:
> Native Wifi support
> 3D aceleration (you can't see DVD or avis in full screen)
> External monitor

Works here on my 1st generation PowerBook with 2.4.18-newpmac,
but not with later 2.4 kernels (bug #217778).

> Modem

Works here (at least with 2.4.18-newpmac).

> Sleep support

Works here. Do you know the reason?

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent@vinc17.org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/> - 100%
validated (X)HTML - Acorn Risc PC, Yellow Pig 17, Championnat International