Re: powerbook and debian

El jue, 22-01-2004 a las 19:58, Vincent Lefevre escribió:
> On 2004-01-22 15:22:00 -0300, Federico Gamio wrote:
> > Well right now my status with Linux/Debian/PowerBook is:

> > Kernel: 2.6.1-ben1
> > USB: Working
> > USB cable to conect Motorola V60i CDMA phone to access Internet by
> > phone: Working
> > PCMCIA: Working (I have an 3com wifi card)
> > Fan Control: Working
> > Keyboard Backlight: Working
> > Automatic managment of Keyboard Backlight and LCD Bright with light
> > conditions: Working
>
> What do you mean here?

Is a little program that you can find in
http://isadora.homelinux.net/debian/powerbook/

If you have keyboard backlight in your powerbook, then you can turn on
the keyboard backlight and change the LCD bright acording to the light
conditions (with keyboard backlight you have 2 light sensors free, to
sense light conditions :)

> > DVD: Working
> > CD-R: Working
> > DVD-R: Works (but not tested)
> > Bluetooth: Working
> > CPU frequency change: working
>
> and here?
>
> > Sound: Working
> [...]
> > There are only a few things that I am missing:
> > Native Wifi support
> > 3D aceleration (you can't see DVD or avis in full screen)
> > External monitor
>
> Works here on my 1st generation PowerBook with 2.4.18-newpmac,
> but not with later 2.4 kernels (bug #217778).

Sure, but these one have ATI Radeon 9600

> > Modem
>
> Works here (at least with 2.4.18-newpmac).

I think that Apple change these too...

> > Sleep support
>
> Works here. Do you know the reason?

Kernel 2.6.1 don't support yet :(

--
My software never has bugs.       | ASCII Ribbon Campaign         /"\
It just develops random features. | For Standards-Complaint Email \ /