Thanks. [was: "Apple Care Protection Plan": Is it worth its money?]

Hi All,
I don't have the original thread and the mails in it available locally,
so I have to answer my own question.

As the whole thread on this subject is rather old, this is where it
starts in the Debian archive:
<http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2003/debian-powerpc-200312/msg00044.html>

The reason for my message today is simply that I want to say thanks to
those answering then:

Shortly after your answers I ordered the "Apple Care Protection Plan"
(ACPP), and only about 4 weeks later I needed it, when my Titanium
broke. At this time, my 12 month default warranty had ended, and the
warranty of the machine was covered by ACPP now.
Interesting enough, perhaps: It was already the 2.nd time the hardware
of this machine was broken, in the first 13 months after I bought it.
And I bought it as new.

To summarize:
If I ever again buy Apple hardware at all (I'm not sure any more on
whether Apple hardware is "tougher", more stable than Intel one) I'd
definitively only buy it with a warranty extension like ACPP.

Thanks again for your help.

Best Regards
Wolfgang

--