Re: Can I Install AND boot a new Kernel on an OldWorld PMac?

It can't be an XF86 configuration problem, since we've never gotten that
far.  The screen goes black as soon as BootX loads the new kernel, and
never returns.  I never see the scrolling text messages that Linux
usually displays while booting.

Rick