Re: Can I Install AND boot a new Kernel on an OldWorld PMac?

Christian,

1) Please post a report on your experiences when you get things working.
 I have the same problem, and I'm sure others out there do too.

2) Have you tried just using "BootX" for all your booting needs?  It
works with no PRAM changes and allows you easy access to MacOS (indeed,
you can't *avoid* accessing MacOS!)  Theoretically, all you need is to
have a copy of the kernel you want to use and the corresponding initrd
image (if any) in the system folder of your MacOS partition.  For
multiple kernels you may have to do something in your Linux-side "/boot"
directory -- I'm not sure.  It's hitting a fly with a sledge-hammer, but
it might do what you need.

Enjoy!

Rick