Re: Debian-installer powerpc status and beta2.

On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 02:24:42PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> Sven Luther wrote:
> > So, Joey, if it is ok with you, powerpc may probably be ready for the
> > beta2 before this weekend, and if beta2 images and CDs can be built on
> > saturday, this would mean one last round of testing on sunday, and a
> > beta2 powerpc release on sunday evening.
>
> Instead I am leaning toward releasing the first part of the beta as soon
> as we have final tests on newworld powerpc and ia64. Think today or
> tomorrow. Then in a week or two, we can do a second release for mips,
> the other powerpc subarches, and possibly alpha.

BTW, this will not work, since it is the same stuff which will be used
for all subarches except oldworld, which need the floppy target, and
separate initrds (because they use other modules).

Unless i misunderstand the way you do releases that is.

Friendly,

Sven Luther