Re: ibook g4, no success with the radeon driver.
- To: Chris Anderson <email@example.com>
- Cc: Sven Luther <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Michel Dänzer <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: ibook g4, no success with the radeon driver.
- From: Sven Luther <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 17:30:51 +0100
- Message-id: <20040114163051.GA32588@iliana>
- In-reply-to: <1074096633.32186.1.camel@kuso>
- References: <1074088419.31865.3.camel@kuso> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <1074092384.32001.1.camel@kuso> <email@example.com> <20040114152511.GA31673@iliana> <1074095235.32113.1.camel@kuso> <20040114155350.GB31895@iliana> <1074096633.32186.1.camel@kuso>
On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 11:10:34AM -0500, Chris Anderson wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-01-14 at 10:53, Sven Luther wrote:
> > On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 10:47:15AM -0500, Chris Anderson wrote:
> > > I'm using a heavily modified defconfig from benh's 2.6.1-rc1 tree.
> > Well, first i hope to be making 2.6 powerpc kernels soon, and second, i
> > guess you should just build the drm modules of your kernel sources,
> > should be ok. You could even have them builtin.
> Am I correct to assume the config vars I need are CONFIG_DRM and
> CONFIG_DRM_RADEON? Also, once those are built does that mean I should
Yep. you can even have them builtin if i remember correcly.
> remove the DRI section of my XF86Config-4 until I get DRI properly
> working (perhaps by setting up the dri-trunk debs)?
you just have to remove the #load "dri" line to disable the dri.