Re: ibook g4, no success with the radeon driver.
- To: Sven Luther <email@example.com>
- Cc: Michel Dänzer <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com
- Subject: Re: ibook g4, no success with the radeon driver.
- From: Chris Anderson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 11:50:48 -0500
- Message-id: <1074185281.2133.0.camel@yarou>
- In-reply-to: <20040114163051.GA32588@iliana>
- References: <1074088419.31865.3.camel@kuso> <email@example.com> <1074092384.32001.1.camel@kuso> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20040114152511.GA31673@iliana> <1074095235.32113.1.camel@kuso> <20040114155350.GB31895@iliana> <1074096633.32186.1.camel@kuso> <20040114163051.GA32588@iliana>
On Wed, 2004-01-14 at 11:30, Sven Luther wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 11:10:34AM -0500, Chris Anderson wrote:
> > On Wed, 2004-01-14 at 10:53, Sven Luther wrote:
> > > On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 10:47:15AM -0500, Chris Anderson wrote:
> > > > I'm using a heavily modified defconfig from benh's 2.6.1-rc1 tree.
> > >
> > > Well, first i hope to be making 2.6 powerpc kernels soon, and second, i
> > > guess you should just build the drm modules of your kernel sources,
> > > should be ok. You could even have them builtin.
> > Am I correct to assume the config vars I need are CONFIG_DRM and
> > CONFIG_DRM_RADEON? Also, once those are built does that mean I should
> Yep. you can even have them builtin if i remember correcly.
> > remove the DRI section of my XF86Config-4 until I get DRI properly
> > working (perhaps by setting up the dri-trunk debs)?
> you just have to remove the #load "dri" line to disable the dri.
Good to know, I'll give this a try when I have some time today.
> Sven Luther