Re: ibook g4, no success with the radeon driver.

On Wed, 2004-01-14 at 10:53, Sven Luther wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 10:47:15AM -0500, Chris Anderson wrote:

> > I've tried with the DRI trunk packages, the problem seems to be that I
> > can never get the radeon module to build (I think). Modprobe always says
> > the module doesn't exist, perhaps I'm missing a config flag in the
> > kernel?
>
> Ok, that is the first order of business, get the module to load alone.
>
> > > Because he uses the default debian kernel, which doesn't include drm
> > > modules (yet) ?
> > >
> > > I will try to soon make a 2.4.23 powerpc kernel upload which include the
> > > drm modules, altough i would prefer to skip 2.4.23 and go with 2.4.24
> > > directly. But i have to wait for Herbert for that.
> > >

> > I'm using a heavily modified defconfig from benh's 2.6.1-rc1 tree.
>
> Well, first i hope to be making 2.6 powerpc kernels soon, and second, i
> guess you should just build the drm modules of your kernel sources,
> should be ok. You could even have them builtin.

Am I correct to assume the config vars I need are CONFIG_DRM and
CONFIG_DRM_RADEON? Also, once those are built does that mean I should
remove the DRI section of my XF86Config-4 until I get DRI properly
working (perhaps by setting up the dri-trunk debs)?