Re: ibook G4 X Window doesnt start

On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 01:48, Francisco J. F. Serrador wrote:
> OK, I recompiled the kernel and uninstalled dri-trunk-sid.

You need xserver-xfree86-dri-trunk from the dri-trunk-sid (as opposed to
dri-trunk) repository.

> The log says thatit cannot find a valid framebuffer device.
>
> I'm booring with append="radeonfb=video" option.
I hope you have video=radeonfb instead? I think you may need to set
CONFIG_I2C_ALGOBIT and then CONFIG_FB_RADEON_I2C to y in the kernel
.config .

Software libre enthusiast    |   http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=daenzer