Segfault on apt-get (sarge)

I just upgraded one of my briQ-based servers to the latest from sarge, and now I get segmentation faults when apt reads package lists:

# apt-get update
[various sites hit]
Fetched 7066B in 0s (7482B/s)
Segmentation faultsts... 1%

# apt-cache update
Segmentation fault

The update that caused these problems to begin brought in the following packages:

  base-config base-files console-common debconf debconf-i18n diff
  findutils iptables libc6 login modutils nano passwd ppp procps proftpd
  proftpd-common proftpd-doc pump wget wwwconfig-common

I don't know which of these would have caused the issue, but my reading of changelogs and searches of the bug tracking system haven't brought up anything useful.

I can still get files onto the system, and I can still install them with `dpkg -i`, so I'm confident that I can recover from this situation ... but only if I can figure out which package is to blame.

TIA,

--
Ken Treis
Miriam Technologies, Inc.