Re: XFree86 not sleeping using -ben10 on a powerbook3,5

On Mit, 2003-04-16 at 19:03, Giuseppe Sacco wrote:
> Il mer, 2003-04-16 alle 13:13, Michel Dänzer ha scritto:
> > XFree86 trunk != DRI trunk != drm-trunk-module-src
> >
> > The DRM doesn't work with the UniNorth agpgart yet without
> > http://www.penguinppc.org/~daenzer/DRI/drm-ioremapagp.diff .
>
> You are right, I didn't know that, but I tried the drm-trunk-module and
> the problem is exactly the same.

According to earlier discussion on this list,

	Option          "AGPMode" "4"

is needed for sleep to work on some machines.

> Moreover, if I use drm-trunk-modules instead of the drm compiled from
> XFree86 4.3.99.3 then DRI cannot have GL optimization with package
> xlibmesa-dri.
> With xlibmesa-dri glxgears says around 350 FPS, using dri-trunk-modules
> it says 100 FPS.

Unfortunately, my crystal ball is being repaired at the moment. ;)

What do the DRM related messages look like now in the server log? Does
it still say direct rendering is enabled? If so, does
LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose glxinfo give a hint why direct rendering doesn't
work? ...