Re: XFree86 not sleeping using -ben10 on a powerbook3,5

Il mar, 2003-04-15 alle 11:15, Benjamin Herrenschmidt ha scritto:
> On Tue, 2003-04-15 at 10:27, Giuseppe Sacco wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I have a powerbook3,5 with a PowerPC g4 and radeon M9.
> >
> > When I close the lid, the system crashes showing something like a
> > monitor prompt.
>
> What does that prompt says ? You can load the system.map along
> with the kernel (sysmap=<path> in yaboot.conf) to get symbols
> instead of just numbers in there, and you can then use the "t"
> command to get a backtrace.

vector: 400 at pc=2f6c6960, lr=c00071d8
msr=40001032, sp=dbcd7dc0 [dbcd7d10]
current=dbcd600, pid=590, comm=pmud
mon>

then there is a cursor that blincks very very very slowly. I
did not manage to press any key.

> Also make sure you have /dev/apm_bios and that APM emulation is
> compiled in the kernel.

I think this is good since in /var/log/Xfree86.0.log I see:
(II) Open APM successful

Moreover: if I close the lid while at the GDM login prompt (just after
booting the machine) then the apple light over the lid goes off and a
small light at the bottom of the powerbook start blinking (sleep mode is
started correctly?). But then when I open the lid the screen is
completely black.

If I do the same think after at logging in and logging out, I get the
the system monitor.

Bye,
Giuseppe