XFree86 not sleeping using -ben10 on a powerbook3,5

Hi,
I have a powerbook3,5 with a PowerPC g4 and radeon M9.

When I close the lid, the system crashes showing something like a
monitor prompt.

This is happening only from when I switched to the -ben10 kernel.

I did many tries, using drm-trunk server and modules, using XFree86
4.3.0 from Daniel Stone and even recompiling XFree86 from CVS.

You may get the packages of XFree86 4.3.99.2 that I made at
deb http://eppesuigoccas.homedns.org/~giuseppe/debian testing ppcg4

I now believe that this is a problem kernel related, but it could also
be because of the G4 optimizations I used.

I recompiled kernel, modules, xlibmesa-drm, xfree86, pcmcia-cs using
gcc-3.2 -mpowerpc-gfxopt -mcpu=7450 -mtune=7450 -maltivec -mabi=altivec
-O2

Do you have any comment on this? Do you have this kind of problems with
-ben10 kernel or with this compiler or switch?

Thank you for your help,
Giuseppe