Re: PowerMac 7100/80 won't boot

For anyone who can help, I don't know anything about my hardware and the
installation is asking me for my device driver disk. I assume it is not in
the standard woody or potato directories, and that I have to gather them
from near and far. I don't have my installation disks for MAC OS so if I
have to crack open the case to read the hardware, I'm probably dead in the
water, because if I power down I am guessing I'll lose everything. I've
already put up a swap and native partition, and they are the only ones on
the drive anymore. -- help needed.

It isn't that I barely know linux at all....
It is that there is a finite corner of the world that knows anything about
installing linux on a Power PC for NuBus with low memory resources..

Believe me, I worked hard in trying to find information about this. earlier
this fall I tried installing Yellowdog from CD, and it was quite a feat for
someone who has access to only one mac: the 7100/80. I'm also on an
undergraduate newlywed budget :)

All the help you all rendered has been invaluable, and I learned so much. It
is noteworthy to say, though, that with all the jargon and all the websites
with information about how to put linux on a PowerPC, there still isn't a
"Hey I'm a newbie, help me" site. Assumptions are made that aren't covered
unless someone asks specifically. Being that there is nobody around here to
ask, I use google and the discussion groups.

Fact of the matter is: I know plenty about linux, I just don't know anything
about a MAC, and jargon like kernel, even in the linux world is pretty much
superfluous anymore to the standard user, because they just use the
installation disks and it works. I admit this is my first time on working
with linux kernels and bootloaders, but please don't say I know nothing
about the topic.

Again, the help you have given has been invaluable, and I, as the editor for
the LinuxPPC category on DMOZ.org, have added all the links that have helped
me get this far, and I thank you.