Re: PowerMac 7100/80 won't boot

I think that it is the basic concept that I am having trouble with.

when I hear words like "boot loader" and "distribution" and "kernel" and
"source" I'm not exactly sure which is which and which pieces I have. I
don't know which I still need, and which terms are synonymous and I don't
have to worry about:

For Example: (maybe you can help define some of these terms)

So I have the "MKLinux" "Boot Loader" installed on my machine. I didn't try
it's sister the "Apple boot loader" or something like that, only because I
followed the instructions and got the one to work.

If I understand right it is an "Extention" to  the Apple operating system.
and isn't actually a full install of linux (or "Debain")

is debain the "source"? or is it the combination of the bootloader, source,
and "kernel"

is the kernel made out of the source? Do I need a source disk to read once
the system boots?

is the "/dev/ram" "rootdevice" a "ram disk"? is it a "ram drive" and how can
it read from a device that I didn't put anything in. Does the kernel load
itself in to ram? or do I have to put the source code on the Mac side's ram
disk. Do they interfere with eachother?

I tried everything and finally got the problem that it would freeze on
"booting....
pmac_init() exit

setup_arch: enter
[FREEZE]