Re: Netgear wg511

On 14/12/2003, at 12:03 AM, Colin Leroy wrote:
Bogomips don't mean anything. Bogomips is about 2x MHz on x86, 1x on PPC. Just try CPU-intensive, unoptimized (ie, no mencoder as it has a lot of assembly) applications if you want to do benchmarks.

You can also try some highly optimized things like dnetc if you just want to be happy ;-)

Ah, I know Linux screams on PPC hardware :-), just the fact that the bogomips is so slow seems a bit misleading (I thought it was a platform-neutral test, but evidently not). Seems odd I hadn't noticed this before (Up until this thread, I thought my kernel was just misconfigured or something).