Installing pkgs via apt-get

I installed DebianPPC3.0(Woody) on an 800Mhz iMac 17"LCD. Have completed the basic install (though have not yet installed & config'd X). So far I've installed exclusively from the official 7-cd set.

I want to start adding optional pkgs. Since emacs doesn't seem to be installed:
#emacs
su: emacs: command not found
I thought that would be a good place to start.

I made sure that the index files from all seven cd's were registered to the system; and when I do
cat /etc/apt/sources.list
I get
deb cdrom. . . official powerppc Binary 1
                   Ditto                thru Binary 7
deb http://security.debian.org /stable/updates main

I also made sure an install cd was in the CD-ROM & the drive was mounted. However, when I try to apt-get emacs the installation fails:
#apt-get install emacs
Reading pkg list. . .done
Bldg dep. tree. . . done
Pkg emacs has no available version, but exists in the database. This typically means that pkg was mentioned in a dependency and never uploaded, has been obsoleted or is not available with the contents of sources.list
E: Pkg emacs has no installation candidate

What am I doing wrong? Is my command failing in some way to point to the pkg source--in this case, the CD-ROM drive?

Thanks for clarification.    --Harvey