Re: [patch] turn off backlight on 12" pbook

On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 02:46:12PM +1100, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> If any of you has a MacOS 9 capable machine with flat panel, I want to
> see if we can get the actual finer backlight control to work. With MacOS
That'd be pretty cool. NVidia currently doesn't provide any information
on brightness control and I don't have MacOS 9.
With the patch at
  http://honk.physik.uni-konstanz.de/~agx/linux-ppc/xfree86/patches/experimental/xfree86-nv-backlight-2003-10-30.diff
the backlight is turned off on DPMS {standby,suspend,off} events under
XFree86.
Cheers,
 -- Guido