Re: changes to "Installing Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 For PowerPC - Before Installing Debian GNU/Linux"

> My opinion is that 128mb of RAM should be the recommended minimum for a desktop.

My experience is that 64 MB of RAM is definitely sufficient. I've only
recently upgraded from 64 to 128 MB and about the only applications that
behave differently are gimp and mol (and I was doing some real swapping
using mol, setting mol's RAM size to 128 MB).

That's on a 400 MHz G3 Powerbook, so it's not the greatest and latest
hardware.

Please leave the minimum RAM requirement as is. More is always better,
that's understood. Basic desktop usage is possible with the current
minimum, why discourage low end users from even considering Debian?

	Michael