Re: mplayer and {x,c}vidix

> > I'm not sure mplayer's radeon vidix driver has been checked for
> > endianness. If you want to give a look at it, you can check the mach64
> > driver, which has been fixed to work on mac, to see what has to be
> > checked...
>
> The mach64 source does not mention endian issue whereas the radeon one
> seems to handle it.

Both drivers swap words in INREG() and OUTREG() (registers read and
written are swapped).

> Maybe there is something wrong but I don't know
> how to search. :)

Radeon's driver seems to do more than that (blocks near lines 437, 1079,
1106 seems strange).
Maybe your best guess is to ask on mplayer's ML whether the driver should
work on BE, then you'll have a better idea of where to search.
Oh, perhaps it could depend on your X server's bpp. Mach64 driver works
only at 16bpp. I never tried cvidix yet, only xvidix.

--
Colin
Récursion (n.m.): voir Récursion