Re: no volume with alsamixer

Serge Basterot <serge.basterot@wanadoo.fr> :

> I  installed alsa  from source  but I  have no  sound.  If  I launch
> alsamixer I can't change the volume in "PC Speak". I didn't find any
> solution in alsa  mailing list where this problem  is reported or in
> this mailig list.

Alsa works but I have to rmmod and modprobe snd-powermac module when
the system is started if I want sound.  I don't know if there is any
relation but dmesg show this :

/home/serj % dmesg |grep ALSA
ALSA ../alsa-kernel/ppc/keywest.c:84: tumbler: cannot initialize the MCS
ALSA ../alsa-kernel/ppc/tumbler.c:838: cannot find device audio-hw-reset

I didn't touch anything and use the default configuration.

Does anyone have an idea about this ?

Thanks

NB: I don't know if this is a debian-ppc or an alsa problem...

--
Serj