Re: GNOME 2.4 prerelease debs for PowerPC

On Sat, Oct 18, 2003 at 12:10:51PM +0200, Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra wrote:
> Em Sáb, 2003-10-18 às 11:53, Michel Dänzer escreveu:
> > On Sat, 2003-10-18 at 08:54, Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra
> > wrote:

> > > 	Maybe it's me, but it is getting worse... now I can't
> > > launch anything.
> > >
> > > 	If it is a new session:
> > >
> > > /etc/gdm/Sessions//Gnome: checking /etc/X11/Xsession.options for option allow-user-resources
> > > /usr/bin/gnome-session: relocation error: /usr/lib/libbonobo-activation.so.4: undefined symbol: ORBit_skel_class_register
> >
> > Did you upgrade all packages from the GNOME 2.4 repository, in
> > particular those related to bonobo and orbit? The dependencies may not
> > be strict enough.
>
> 	You were dead right, they are not strict at all.  I guess I was spoiled
> by the usual reliability of even experimental packages in Debian...

But the current experimental gnome packages where done by the so called
gnome team, which insatisfied by the existing gnome maintainers, tried
to upload their own packages, so the quality suffered from their
relative inexperience. Fill bug reports though, and they will (i hope)
fix it.

Friendly,

Sven Luther