Re: Making d-i work on oldworlds

On Oct 15 2003, Chris Tillman wrote:
> The scripts are still there in boot-floppies; the piece we haven't
> mentioned is using ofpath to figure out how to set the nvram
> parameters. What's there works for most people.

Why exactly is Debian switching from boot-floppies to the new d-i? I
thought that the boot-floppies were so nice... Of course, if d-i is
nicer (more flexible, less requirements etc), then it's welcome.

Oh, BTW, how exactly is a udeb different from a regular deb package?

Sorry for the ignorance, Roger...

  Rogério Brito - rbrito@ime.usp.br - http://www.ime.usp.br/~rbrito