Re: share partition between macosx and debian

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 [12:11],
    Arnaud Vandyck (arnaud-guest@users.alioth.debian.org) wrote:

> Hi all,
> I'm new  to the list... I've just  bought a powermbook G4  15' and would
> like (as a futur  DD ;)) to install Debian on it  but maybe also want to
> keep mac os x on it.
> I already installed  Debian on a g3 at home (but  only with Debian), and
> this time,  I'd like to  have both systems...  (and maybe hurd  but it's
> another story).
> I have a friend who did it but he had to make a FAT partition to share a
> partition because linux  does not write on usf.  Is this statement still
> true? Can macosx r/o on ext2-3?

MacOS can't read ext2/ext3. But Linux can read USF and read/write to HFS+
(YOU SHOULDN'T!), but you can if you want :)

> Last thing, I'll  probably use Branden Robinson's help  page to install,
> but is there  any documentation about the new  debian-installer? Maybe I
> can try it and help with a report?

Don't think so, but there maybe is something out there.

> Does the Debian partition still need to be first with swap?

> PS: I  already read  the Installation guide,  these questions are  to be
> sure the informations in the document are still up-to-date.

There are several documents out there with good information, and most of
them are up to date, since the configuration part hasn't changed that
much. Use the google, luke.

... david röhr              |      o_
.. unix systems consultant  | o/  /\   Solaris, AIX, HP-UX
. qbranch system management | /|_, \\   and GNU/Linux Certified.
        www.qbranch.se        /