Re: Partitioning for Debian Woody PPC 3.0

On Sun, 5 Oct 2003, Chris Tillman wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 05, 2003 at 01:08:16PM +0200, Max Power wrote:
> > Sorry, I have forgotten the subject!
> > ----------
> > Von: Max Power <max-power@teleos-web.de>
> > Datum: Sun, 05 Oct 2003 13:00:44 +0200
> > An: <debian-powerpc@lists.debian.org>
> >
> > Hello debian-user! 1st, sorry for my bad english! I want to put debian woody
> > 3.0 on my Apple iMac 500MHZ CD-RW. My problem ist to partition the harddisk.
> > I don´t know all of the commands like "b" for Apple_Bootstrap or "i" for
> > erase and "p" to show the table. So I want to know all of the necesary
> > commands, that i can install Mac-OS 9.2 and debian woody 3.0 PPC on my PPC.
> >
> > What is the command to create the Root-Partition / Swap-Partition /
> > Mac-Partition?

http://people.debian.org/~branden/ibook/
Excerpt from the page:
"These instructions should apply to any model of iBook, but they have
only been tested by the author on a 2001 iBook Dual USB"

I used the instructions for a PowerBook G4 (867 MHz), with Mac OS X
already on the very last partition of the disk -- I left the very
first part of the hard disk free for Debian ... and it worked out of
the box for me (and at this time I didn't have nearly the slightest
idea of how Debian works; I had used RedHat Linux about 2 years before
that)

I definitely can't say whether this page will help you, as I don't
know your machine: If in doubt: Please don't use  it...
But the instructions there might give you an idea perhaps of what it's
about.

I'd back up everything I have on a disk before partitioning it ..

Good luck,
Wolfgang

Brandon Robinson,

I Cc this to you as I have never told you that your page
http://people.debian.org/~branden/ibook/ worked for me, too ...

Thanks for it ..

Best Regards,
Wolfgang