Re: Proposed build system: PREP

On Mon, Oct 06, 2003 at 01:38:29AM -0600, Erik Andersen wrote:
> On Mon Oct 06, 2003 at 08:45:24AM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > I think bruckner is prep, that Joey (Martin Shulze) has one, as well as
> > Ole-Egil Hvitmyren, i think. I have asked  Ole-Egil Hvitmyren also if he
> > could do an AmigaONE kernel package, but no response from him also on
> > this subject.
>
> I have a prep box...

Ok, nice.

Could you test the prep kernel at :
http://people.debian.org/~luther/powerpc/2.4.22, and instruct us about :

  1) The different method of booting from a prep system.

  2) if there are auto-booting CDroms, or if you just have to enter the
  right value from the OF (in case you have an OF).

  3) the output of your /proc/cpuinfo.

  4) do you believe they are smp prep systems ?

And if you would volunteer to test some of our debian-installers setups
when they are ready, it would be real nice.

Friendly,

Sven Luther