New per subarch 2.4.22 powerpc kernels, please test.
I am searching for testers for the new 2.4.22-2 serie of kernel packages
before uploading them to the archive, and potentially breaking lot of
They can be found at :
And i would like for two kind of tests :
1) please people using the different subarches, install the
kernel-images, and try booting them. Carefull, they are no more called
vmlinux-2.4.22-powerpc, but vmlinu[xz]-2.4.22-powerpc-(pmac|chrp|chrp-rs6k|prep).
2) If these could be used to build a set of powerpc debian-installer
images that people could test on the different subarches, it would be
Remaining problems :
1) Each kernel image still has a 8Mo or such copy of the modules. I
wanted to separate them, but Manoj tells me this is not possible so
near the sarge release, since it requires modifications of kernel-package,
so it will be for later.
2) I am not sure about the miboot kernel image, there is a
miboot.image in arch/ppc/boot/images, but i am being told that just
gziping the standard vmlinux would do also.
3) There may be circular dependency problems in building the
debian-installer on arches that need the initrd built-in the kernel.
Not sure if debian-installer can be built before the kernel is.
Anyway, please test and give feedback, before i upload, so we can have
all these powerpc subarches supported by debian-installer and debian as
of the sarge release.