Re: New per subarch 2.4.22 powerpc kernels, please test.

El sáb, 04-10-2003 a las 13:31, Sven Luther escribió:
> Hello,

Hi

> I am searching for testers for the new 2.4.22-2 serie of kernel packages
> before uploading them to the archive, and potentially breaking lot of
> stuff.
>
> They can be found at :
>
> http://people.debian.org/~luther/powerpc/2.4.22

I have a question about those kernels. Are they something like x86 ones
where you have all possible drivers as modules (ide, for example) and
then an initrd image so you will have a really small kernel with lots of
modules?

That option is one thing I'm missing from x86 kernel images on powerpc.

Also, a package like kernel-build-* will be really useful to compile
modules if you have a prepackaged kernel like yours.

[...]

> Friendly,
>
> Sven Luther

Cheers