Re: VGA out (mirror) on PowerBook IV (radeon 9000 M9)

This one time, at band camp, Michel Dänzer wrote:
>The fact that you need Option "MonitorLayout" indicates that DDC doesn't
>work for the external CRT, so you probably need to specify its
>capabilities with
>
>	Option	"CloneHSync"	"30.0???86.0"
>	Option	"CloneVRefresh"	"50.0???120.0"
>
>(the values are only examples of course)

Yup, shortly after posting that mail last night I did some more hunting and
found the CloneMode and these two options.  I also explicitly put
  Option "MonitorLayout" "LVDS,CRT"
in thr device section so that the DVI out would be activated all the time,
so I didn't have to restart X in order to plug in the display.

Now I've got 1024x768 on the external display, which is good enough for the
talk I'm giving on Friday night ;-)

I might give 4.3 a try today, though, and see if I can get RandR to
eliminate the virtual screen size scrolling on the external.  Michel, you've
mentioned you're using 4.3 along with your drm packages, which versions and
are there any gotchas I should be aware of?

--
jaq@debian.org                               http://people.debian.org/~jaq