Re: VGA out (mirror) on PowerBook IV (radeon 9000 M9)

This one time, at band camp, Jamie Wilkinson wrote:
>The CRT seems to only work if I reboot the tibook with the external monitor
>plugged in; plugging it in right away seems to not recognise that the DVI is
>being used.

Ah, fixed this one by putting

  Option "MonitorLayout" "LVDS,CRT"

into the Device section for the radeon.

>Anyway, now I've got the picture on the CRT, it's garbled, as if the horz
>and vert sync rates are wrong; this is for both text mode on the framebuffer
>and in X (in 1280x854 and 1024x768 modes).

And fixed this one by commenting out the

  Option "UseFBDev" "true"

in the same section, and commenting out

  Modes "1280x854" ...

in the Screen section.

Now to work out why the external monitor is only running at 800x600 when I
know it can run at 1024x768.

--
jaq@debian.org                               http://people.debian.org/~jaq