Re: new Apple symbols map (exposes kernel buglets?)

[Cc'ing to the list]

On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 13:49:58 +0200
Frank Murphy <murphyf+deb-ppc@f-m.fm> wrote:
> to increse that convergence. The keycode/key symbol mapping doesn't look
> totally consistient (<INS> = Help), but I blame that on the PC-keyboard bias.
> :)

I'm not sure what you meant here, but on my keyboard (Apple extended II), the help key and the insert key are the same (that is, something like "<INS> = Help" makes sense to me)

> As far as an Apple keyboard that has an Insert key beneath the Delete key, I
> don't know. Who on this list has an extended keyboard and can share?

I do :-). Again I'm not sure I got you right here (excuse my bad english) : my Delete key is just under the insert/help key, e.g. :

---------
|  INS |
---------
| DEL |
---------

Just another thought : why bother with the Mode_Switch / Multi-Key ; you could get a perfectly working keyboard with the ISO_Level3_Shift (mapped to AltGr, for example). That's what I have here because somehow it makes more sense for me.
 (The purpose of Mode_switch was to be able to change the alphabet (set of symbols) you are using, or am I missing something ?)

Regards,
Simon