Re: dma_sound problems on 12" pbook

On Aug Sat 23 2003 18:19, Thomas Otto wrote:
> >>That is expected since dmasound doesn't support recording. You'll have
> >>to wait for 2.6 with alsa - see some older threat here.
> >
> >You mean the sound input on Powerbooks G4 / iBooks will work?? :-))))
> >
> >Cooool!
>
> <quote msgid="fS8d.4n2.3@gated-at.bofh.it">
>
> digger vermont wrote:
> >On the alsa mailing list I've asked if the reason for no recording is
> >due a lack of specs for the sound chip or a lack of desire and time on
> >the developer end. I've yet to get a response. Does anyone here know?
>
> The docs for the current Mac sound chips are publicly
> available from Texas Instruments, and very readable.
> Search their site for the specs to the TAS3001C and/or
> TAS3004.
>
> Have fun,
>
> Segher
>
> </quote>
>
> So there is no principal problem, someone just has to write the alsa
> drivers ;-)
>
>       -Thomas

BTW, speaking of ALSA... google just told me that the crashes I was
having when putting the laptop to sleep are because I am running ALSA!
:-(  Any fixes? Any cool scripts to put ALSA down and then up? :-) I
might try this last one, but hey... it is a real bother, coz sometimes,
I might try toput the laptop to sleep when something is accessing the
soundcard, and then, alsa wont dit "nicely" unless I kill it, etc...

--
J. Javier Maestro
<jjmaestro@computer.org>