Re: new Apple symbols map (exposes kernel buglets?)

Le Sat, Aug 23, 2003 at 18:25:08 +0200, Michel Dänzer a écrit:
> On Sat, 2003-08-23 at 13:49, Frank Murphy wrote:
> > On Saturday 23 August 2003 1:34, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> > > On Fri, 2003-08-22 at 09:55, Frank Murphy wrote:
> >
> > > [...] the attached patch. Tell me what you think about it, it works with
>
> Don't (some) international Mac keyboards have specific modifications vs.
> their PC counterparts though?

well, the mian difference(s) between the CSA layout on this appledesign
model and the u.s. version, is that all the usual accents used in french
(except for the ù (u accent grave), is on the right hand side of the kbd,
replacing what would "normally" be the {} [] etc. keys. including 2 dead
keys, one for ^ and one for ç.

> > > BTW, where do you get the Multi_key definition from? Can't seem to find
> > > it here.
> >
> > What do you mean? Where do I define it (in the apple file)?
>
> No, you don't. Maybe you get it from a pc symbols file?
>

> > > Speaking of bugs, fn+command generates the same keycode as the eject key
> > > in X here, but not in console (showkey shows several keycodes for the
> > > eject key) - maybe related to the keypad equal bug you fixed recently?
> >
> > I don't have an eject key here,
>
> Your F12 key doesn't work as eject?
>
> > but I imagine it's related to X's KP_Equal bug.

my F13-15 keys *seem* to work as expected, but i have magic sysrq in my
kernel, and it doesn't activate in X, so they may be deactivated.

(i haven't tried out the "apple" thing yet, i can't wait to :).