Re: TerraTec 128i PCI sound card modules for PPC?

Sven Luther wrote:

On Wed, Jul 30, 2003 at 01:58:02PM +0200, Ole-Egil Hvitmyren wrote:
Sven Luther wrote:

The AmigaOne currently eats whatever you throw at it (well, as long as you only throw MBR and RDB at it :-)), but I use MBR because that's what

Nice.

I think so. The bootloader isn't ready yet (it doesn't boot Linux), but
we're working on EXT2/3 read-support in the bootloader.

we used when I installed Linux. What do you need an RDB for? I can easily whip up one for you if you need one...

Because i am adding RDB support to libparted, and i have 3 disks
formated in different ways (amiga-fdisk, HDToolBox and SCSIConfig) that
do slightly strange things, neither of them respecting the disk geometry
that libparted detects on the disks. In particular the old HDToolBox
formated HD uses sectors*heads-1 as sectorspercylinder value.

Does libparted detect the right geometry, then? You know that disk
geometry really isn't used anymore, right? LBA and SCSI both use the
same block/blocksize system where both numbers are a 32 bit integer,
blocksize is normally 512 bytes. The problem is that the RDB expects a
physical geometry, but no program actually USES the geometry. So there's
NO reason to say one is right. If your program uses one way of detecting
it, then as long as you keep using that routine noone will complain.
What was the problem, anyway?

I use HDToolBox under AmigaOS (Amithlon or classic Amiga) and amiga-fdisk under Linux (on the PC/AmigaOne)

I have also seen that some modifications where made to amiga-fdisk, but
not forwarded to the amiga-fdisk maintainer.
The modifications aren't ready for public consumption just yet. Just check the files out of our CVS until I manage to find the frelling last bugs :-)

I don't really care, but the amiga-fdisk maintainer may be interested by
it.
Not until it works, I would think.

What I've changed is:
Support for adjusting boot priorities, support for AmigaOne OS4 bootloader blocks (the only addition to the new RDB standard from the

Err, is this addition documented somewhere ?

Where would it be documented? I just told you about it, didn't I? Have
you even tried amiga-fdisk?

old one), and support for AmigaOS device names (like DH0: DH1: etc.). But all this is just in beta, and I have like zero people willing to actually try out things for me, so it's not going well...

Normal, since you don't communicate much about it.

You're not on the 300+ people lists where I've communicated about it
daily for a year, then ;-)

This is AmigaOne additions to amiga-fdisk, so new versions have been
advertised on the amigaone lists.

--
AmigaOne dev list FAQ (when I say F, I mean F):
http://www.samfundet.no/~olegil/amiga/