Re: TerraTec 128i PCI sound card modules for PPC?

Tim Froggatt wrote:

Hi... I'm running Woody on a G3 based AmigaOne board.

I'm trying to get my TerraTec 128i PCI sound card up and running with ALSA. However, I can't seem to find any module files. In particular I need snd-es1938.o or atleast I think that's what I need.

But I can't find the file in PowerPC format anywhere. I've found some Intel x86 files in ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/a/alsa-modules-i386

but I can't find any other versions. Does anyone know where I might find them?

Hmm, bummer. I guess you need to (or need to get someone else to) compile the kernel and alsa with this driver enabled...

It just so happens that I have my AmigaOne's harddrive in the office PC at the moment (pure luck, or should I say lazyness). I'll upload my kernel and modules (with almost every conceivable module (that compiles for PPC) enabled) to my homepage. Actually, I'm uploading now.

http://www.samfundet.no/~olegil/amiga/kernel/

Install the kernel and the modules, reboot and pray.
I usually install on my swap partition ("swapoff -a" first ;-) ) and then tell UBoot to boot from that partition. When it looks like it's working, I install on the boot partition and mkswap the swap partition again. If this sounded like gibberish, ask me privately in a mail.

--
AmigaOne dev list FAQ (when I say F, I mean F):
http://www.samfundet.no/~olegil/amiga/