Re: TerraTec 128i PCI sound card modules for PPC?

On Wed, Jul 30, 2003 at 01:58:02PM +0200, Ole-Egil Hvitmyren wrote:
> Sven Luther wrote:
>
> The AmigaOne currently eats whatever you throw at it (well, as long as
> you only throw MBR and RDB at it :-)), but I use MBR because that's what

Nice.

> we used when I installed Linux. What do you need an RDB for? I can
> easily whip up one for you if you need one...

Because i am adding RDB support to libparted, and i have 3 disks
formated in different ways (amiga-fdisk, HDToolBox and SCSIConfig) that
do slightly strange things, neither of them respecting the disk geometry
that libparted detects on the disks. In particular the old HDToolBox
formated HD uses sectors*heads-1 as sectorspercylinder value.

> I use HDToolBox under AmigaOS (Amithlon or classic Amiga) and
> amiga-fdisk under Linux (on the PC/AmigaOne)
>
> >I have also seen that some modifications where made to amiga-fdisk, but
> >not forwarded to the amiga-fdisk maintainer.
>
> The modifications aren't ready for public consumption just yet. Just
> check the files out of our CVS until I manage to find the frelling last
> bugs :-)

I don't really care, but the amiga-fdisk maintainer may be interested by
it.

> What I've changed is:
> Support for adjusting boot priorities, support for AmigaOne OS4
> bootloader blocks (the only addition to the new RDB standard from the

Err, is this addition documented somewhere ?

> old one), and support for AmigaOS device names (like DH0: DH1: etc.).
> But all this is just in beta, and I have like zero people willing to
> actually try out things for me, so it's not going well...

Normal, since you don't communicate much about it.

> There's also debian packages (which needs an update, come to think of
> it) on my homepage. I expect you to find the URL from my signature ;-)

Yes, sure, i found both it and the CVS directory.

> Apt-get and tell me how it worked, ok? ;-)

Mmm, i will give it a try, altough it is low on my priority list.

Friendly,

Sven Luther